Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Reprieve!!!!

Abject apologizes for not writing earlier in the week. We returned from NIH only to discover a friend died. Her funeral was Sat., my grief workshop met Sunday afternoon, Sun. night was the Oscars (always a 'must-see' in our house), Mon. was a business meeting that required preparation, Tues., I drove mom to hair appointments and errands, and today I had to work out a business proposal and tackle a mountain of laundry and a ridiculously dirty house. I can't think well in a dirty house. I crave order. So. I want to thank you all for your good wishes and thoughts, and they obviously worked. So much so, I asked my surgeon if he was sure he had the right patient file! My little remnant is functioning as well as a transplanted kidney would, AND the tumors/cysts have not grown or changed. They feel so confident that unless my kidney stops working, they don't want to see me for at least a year! Excy and I went out with friends and celebrated that night! Two bottles of wine...I go back in August about my brain and spine, but the biggest apprehension was the kidney, and I feel a huge weight has been lifted. Life is a continual source of amazement. Just when you think you know what's going to happen......Excy's surgery is still looming before us, but at least we can concentrate on it and not have to coordinate one for me in between.......

10 comments:

e said...

Dear Why,

No apologies are necessary. Welcome home and thank you for sharing your fabulous news here. I am sorry for your loss of the friend you mentioned, and that things have been so hectic since your return, hopefully you'll now have a bit of breathing room to get through Excy's surgery and enjoy as you can.

Can you say more about the workshop?

Anne said...

Phew! I was so happy to read this...the wait had me worried. But all is good and I'm so happy for you :)

I am very sorry to hear about your friend...

Unknown said...

Good for you, girl!

ReformingGeek said...

I'm glad to hear about your kidney!

Tracie Nall said...

Whoo Hoo!! That is great!

Leslie said...

Glad to see you here, glad for the good news. Take care of you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that’s amazing news! If it held up well even after two bottles of wine then it looking really positive for the long haul.

That’s really great! But condolences for your friend;(

Here In Franklin said...

Fabulous news! (I have this mental image of your little remnant just pumping away.)

wendy said...

This is good news indeed and I am so happy for you. You have been busy since getting back.

Traci Marie Wolf said...

I am happy your dr's appt. went well. I feel you on not being able to function in chaos. I am becoming more and more the same way. I have the same need for order in my home.