Friday, October 8, 2010

Revelations Challenge

Inspired by the Proust Questionnaire in Vanity Fair, I have compiled some Q&A's -- how you answer them changes from day to day, but on this day, here are my answers...I challenge you to take the quiz on your blog...

Quickly name a unique item you have in your house.
A buffalo skull over the mantle.
What are two of your favorite names?
Elwood. Lenny.
What do you consider a necessary luxury?
Pedicures.
What car would you like to drive?A real Woody.
What is your favorite color and has it changed over the years?
Blue. No. Just the shades.
What quality do you most admire in a man?
The ability to make me laugh. And the ability to pick up the check.
In a woman? Loyality. Humor.
What is something you long for?
Z Chocolat from France.
If money were no object what would you buy yourself?
A new wardrobe.
What charity would you donate a million dollars to? Animal charities.
What book have you just finished reading?
Olive Kitteridge.
Name one book that made an impact and why? To Kill a Mockingbird. It's held up so well over the years and it brings racisim and bigotry to a level every person can understand.
Name one liquid always in your refrigerator? Orange Juice.
Name one food item always in your refrigerator? Cottage cheese.
What could you eat everyday:
An avacado.
Everyday I drink: Tea.
TV guilty pleasure: 'The Real Housewives...' (all but the Atlanta wives).
TV show I don't miss: 'Burn Notice'. 'The Closer'.
Name a favorite fictional character from a book:
Elizabeth Bennet.
From a movie:
Elwood P Dodd ('Harvey'). Lisa ('Rear Window').
What phrase or motto do I overuse: This to shall pass. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
I own a lot of: Greeting and note cards.
I collect: Animal Fetishes.
I try to avoid: Negative people. Traffic.
One thing I know: Life is what you make it.
Everyday I: Read.
The last time I wrote a note or letter and mailed it was:
Yesterday (I mail at least 3 a week).
Dog or cat? Meow.

8 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Elwood and Lenny! LOVE that.

Such a delightful list...and it seems we have quite a bit in common.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

This was very interesting.
I love that you write and mail a letter or note 3 times a week.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I hope you get a million green papers so the animal charities would smile!

wendy said...

Those were really fun things to know about you. How about a photo of the buffaloe skull over the mantle.

and I love that you still send out letters.

"Alone again.... naturally!" said...

Thank you for dropping by my blog and for your kind comments.
It's lovely that you till write letters, it seems to be a lost art these days.

Shadiatique said...

To Kill a Mockingbird, is one of the first translated books to arabic that I read. I was quiet young... but sure I learned alot from the book.

Very nice list...

Jenny said...

Interesting. A buffalo skull?

Our sons middle name is Elwood...named after a Great-Grandfather who informed us when our son was born that nobody ever named a boy after him...they thought his name was odd.

So we did. Kind of.

I write a ton of snail mail letters and cards, too! Nothing like getting mail.

Aunt Peaches said...

MEOW INDEED!
Hey lady, great post. Love these little quizzes --they are fun to read and a great snapshot on a much larger/abstract image. I'm bookmarking as a potential future post on my blog down the road. Was also thinking about trying some creative projects inspired by old movies and it sounds like you are already there. If only Jimmy Stewart lived to see his likeness done up in egg :)

Anyhoot...Just saw the lovely comment you made on my blog and had to pop over to see what you are up to. Sure glad I stopped by. I'll be back again soon!