Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Lenny Roll

My funny little man has a new trick. My youngest cat, Lenny, (see 'Leno' post) follows me into my bathroom every morning, and while I'm busy at the sink, he struts past and plops in front of the three-way mirror. Then with lots of chirping and meows, calls for my complete attention. (If he perceives I am less than fully focused, he won't do the trick). He gazes into the mirror, smiles with satisfaction, (cats always like what they see in the reflection), and then very precisely executes a single complete roll on the tile floor. Just as quickly, Lenny leaps up, tail and head held high, and sashays away, ignoring my applause and cries of praise, yet with a look that gives him away because he's just so satisfied and proud. I have no idea how or why this has come about -- he's been doing it for more than 2 months now -- I guess he has noted the attention his 'brother and sisters' get when they perform their little tricks, and he decided he'd better get with the program. I expect agents from the Moscow cat circus to show up at the door any day now...

14 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

How cute! Animals are mindreaders, especially cats. I firmly believe that! They know what you're thinking - before even you do ;-)

Have a great day!
Doris

strokeofliving said...

Cats are weird and I generally don't like them, too many bad experiences, but a very cool story.

Deborah said...

You must get that on video!! That is so cool!

Betty Manousos said...

Cats are adorable! I agree with Deborah.
Best,
hugs

Anonymous said...

You have to love cats. I love their attitudes. I have 2 and love them to death!

Unknown said...

I love cats, but I'm terribly allergic. I would love to see a video, though, of that performance!

Jayne Martin said...

I have lived with and loved cats all my life. Endlessly entertaining creatures. Now I have one cat and one Chihuahua and they play and romp like crazy. The laughs never end.

Aunt Juicebox said...

We have a cat that I swear had to come straight from the circus. She is such a gymnast, and cracks me up all the time.

LucyCooper said...

Smart Lenny! My cat has OCD that is centered around drinking from the bathroom faucet. He gets really fixated on it.

Krimmyk said...

Amazing how animals have such human like egos sometimes.

Debbie said...

That is so great! I have two cats and think they are just the cleverest animals.

Jazz said...

I want a cat again!!!

e said...

Lenny sounds like a real charmer! Jacob would love to see that trick...

I Wonder Wye said...

I will try to film him 'in action!'