Monday, September 28, 2009

Poor Jay.........

Is anybody watching Jay Leno? Not me. But then, I didn't before. Not that I don't think he's an amusing, innocuous guy. If I were him, though, I'd be rather insulted NBC doesn't care much about his show, that they figure as long as they get the minimal rating numbers they'll still come out ahead over airing another more expensive to produce show, or yet another reality program. Then again, no doubt Mr. Leno has considered all this and could care less, too. He's got all the money, cars, and motorcycles a person could want, so he's laughing all the way to the bank.

I'm frankly afraid to watch after being traumatized by seeing one of his "jay walking" segments once. When young people failed to answer questions any 2nd grader knows and acted so unrepentantly pleased by their ignorance, it frightened the hell out of me and reminded me that these folks walk among us. The bubble over their heads might as well have been, 'Hey, at least I'm on TV!' (well, yeah, but you just embarrassed the s---t out of your parents and your former 2nd grade teacher is getting fired somewhere). When did stupidity become 'cool?' Fortunately, most of the folks I saw were young and fit, so I'm hoping these were the same brainiacs featured in the 'Girls Gone Wild' videos. I'm just saying...

6 comments:

Clare said...

I'm more of a Conan O'Brien gal and am thrilled that he is on earlier now.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Jay Leno has never done a thing for me. I'm a David Letterman girl. Always have been.

And if you're going to take the cameras out to the L.A. / Hollywood area, what more can you expect beyond good looking stupidity?

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Thanks for stopping by! I seriously wish that stupidity wasn't so "cool". It certainly annoys my husband who teaches high school students. He usually calls his students out on it though :)

Jennifer Taylor said...

Yeah, the stupidity thing is annoying to me too. That's why I don't even bother watching much TV.

Dame Nuisance said...

As funny as the Jay Walking segment is (and I must confess that I do find it funny in an oh-that's-so-embarrassing way), it is also mortifying how clueless so many people are about things that are for me and Darling Husband a given. EVERYONE should know who lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, not who lives in a pineapple under the sea. *sigh* It definitely gives me a we're-going-to-hell-in-a-handbasket feeling - one way ticket, express.

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

i loved the line

you just embarrassed the sh*t out of your parents and your 2nd grade teacher is being fired

had me on the floor! thanks for stopping by today and you've got me now! following you!